Thursday, August 31, 2006

Awesome Kids

Last night, right before Sam went to bed, he came back to our room because he wanted to share that on Monday night he really prayed really hard for TA and then, the next day, it came...which of course, Philip and I said, "Why didn't you pray real hard sooner??" We had a good laugh, but after he left the room I sat there thankful for our precious children.

I cannot believe how each day progresses with Jacob & Sam becoming more and more like young men and not my little boys. Jacob keeps assuring me that Anna will be fine because he will take care of her...and he will. He is very much the "oldest" child with wisdom and caring beyond his age. He is also gracious and excited that his part of the adoption will be to stay home with Anna so Sam can experience personally Asher's adoption.

Sam amazes me more everyday. Gone is the clingy three year old who did not want to be left at preschool. Gone is the child that used to start every sentence with "I want" God used Sam's heart to begin the journey to Asher. He stayed the course of his conviction until all of us agreed to see ifAsher's adoption was the plan for our family. It taught me to never discount the heart of a child in very big matters.

Anna is precious. We continually talk about Asher's adoption and the fact that Mommy, Daddy & Sam all will travel to China so we can complete his adoption and bring him home. We go to the map and talk about how far of a trip it is. We talk about Zhuzhou and how we all traveled to adopt Anna. She will repeat bits and pieces of her story, mixing in Asher's, too. Then, with an understanding that tears through my heart, she'll say, "Thank you, Mom." To which my tear choked voice will add, "No, thank you for letting me be your mommy."

So, this morning, before I begin working on cleaning and packing lists, p.o.a and medicine lists, I must pray. Thank you, God, for the awesome privilege to be Jacob, Sam, Anna and soon Asher's mom. I know you chose me to be their mom and I want to be the best one possible. I am humbled and honor that you would answer our prayer to add Asher to our family. Be with us over the next few weeks as we prepare for this journey and separation. Give us your peace, comfort and grace. Use us to show Jesus to everyone we meet. Amen.

No comments: